[sdiy] MIDI velocity

Ingo Debus igg.debus at t-online.de
Sat Apr 9 14:47:53 CEST 2016

> Am 07.04.2016 um 01:01 schrieb rsdio at audiobanshee.com:
>
> That means you cannot simultaneously read both. But an interrupt could feasibly read two columns in succession for nearly simultaneous reading.

I still don’t understand the benefit of being able to read both switches of a key simultaneously? They don’t close (or open) at the same time, that’s the whole point of measuring velocity. Do you want to stop scanning the keyboard once an active switch has been detected, and poll the corresponding switch of the same key until it’s active too? But still, this could be done if the two switches cannot be read simultaneously.

Ingo