[sdiy] JX-10 volume slider taper

Rutger Vlek rutgervlek at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 10:04:59 CEST 2016

Hi guys,

I'm doing repairs on a Roland JX-10 and the service manual is a little short on information on the volume board, which holds the volume slider (as well as those for aftertouch, C1, C2, etc). The volume slider looks original, has a value of 50k, but to my taste the tapering feels strange. There's a big volume effect in the lower region of the travel range, and very little in the high region.

I have no way of telling if the JX-10 was designed this way, if the 50k slider is indeed original, or if it was replaced with a wrong part in a previous repair session.

Does anyone know?

Rutger

ps. I've learned they're originally Panasonic EWAN slide pots, discontinued by now, if anyone knows an appropriate (same footprint) alternative, I'd love to hear as well.