[sdiy] New Takla Makan Album - Technicollage

Sean Dynan seandynan at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:39:39 CEST 2016

I love your Takla Makan albums, Tony. I think Timorianne is my favourite,
though it changes from time to time ;)  I guess I should buy them from
Bandcamp! I wish they were available on vinyl.

Perhaps you would consider altering the description text to remove phrases
like "bear with it" and "I can't help it, it's what I do" ?  It reads like
you are apologising for your music, which you defintiely don't need to do!

--
Sean

On 5 April 2016 at 09:01, Oakley Sound <oakleylist at btinternet.com> wrote:

> Forgive the spam but I've got a new album out. And as usual it has a lot
> of my own synths on it.
>
> You can listen to it for free (or download better quality versions for a
> small fee) at Bandcamp:
>
> http://takla-makan.bandcamp.com/album/technicollage
>
> This is synthesiser music, not the dance sort, but inspired by the types
> of music that I grew up listening to in the late 1970s and early 80s.
> There's hints of Mike Oldfield here and there, but also Berlin School and
> Jarre and Vangelis. I can't help it, it's what I do.
>
> Unlike so much stuff these days, the album doesn't reach out and grab you
> in the first microsecond. It's not supposed to. It rises and falls as it
> goes along. It takes you on a journey. And because of this it's designed to
> be listened to from start to finish. So do bear with it if you haven't come
> across my music before.
>
> Although there are only two tracks listed on the album it's not actually
> just two single pieces of music in the popular music sense. In some ways
> it's more akin to classical music in that it features many interconnected
> motifs and themes.
>
> I hope you enjoy it.
>
> Tony
>
> www.oakleysound.com