[sdiy] Pro one wire keyboard cleaning?

legion at helpwantedproductions.com legion at helpwantedproductions.com
Fri Apr 1 17:27:04 CEST 2016

SWEET!

Found this is the owner's manual:

"The keyboard uses self-cleaning, gold-plated contacts which will provide
many years of reliable service. Oxidation, particularly of lesser-used
keys, may be aggravated by ambient conditions or handling. If this occurs,
causing "dead" keys, wipe the contacts carefully with an alcohol- or
freon-wetted cotton swab. Don't use any abrasive techniques, as this will
simply remove the gold plating."

I'm going to guess sandpaper and even rubber eraser might be "abrasive
techniques". Will try the denatured alcohol first and see what results I
get.

If anyone has a service manual (or a link to one) please drop me a line. I
have lots of manuals to trade as well.

Thanks!