[sdiy] Pro one wire keyboard cleaning?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Fri Apr 1 15:36:15 CEST 2016

I can't remember, but I had the same thing and replaced the power lead on mine. The original cable was a extra-felxible one with a rubber sheath which had dried out and started to crack - particularly, as you say, where it enters the case. I think I made my job slightly more complicated because I seem to remember the original mains lead was the older colour-code (red, black, green) and the replacement was the modern one (brown, blue, green/yellow).

I don't remember the job being at all tricky. Just cut the cable off outside, leaving the wire ends inside still attached. Then when you open it up, you've got colour-coded pieces of wire soldered to the appropriate places and all you have to do is put the new end where the old end was.

Tom