[sdiy] PCB op-amp layout - 2x2 or 1x4

Mattias Rickardsson mr at analogue.org
Fri Oct 30 15:25:23 CET 2015

On 30 October 2015 at 14:17, Ove Ridé <nitro2k01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I've seen on some boards is having all/most ICs lined up in the
> middle of the board and the power traces going between them. Then you
> have separate (sub)circuits on the left and right side. This technique
> is of course especially useful if you have two copies of the same
> circuit on one board, so you can essentially mirror the circuit on
> either side.

If using 1-layer or 2-layer boards this must be a good method of
keeping your power lines out of sight. On an 8-layer board it doesn't
matter much.

Crosstalk would potentially (sic!) be higher when opamps are shared
between voices (etc), of course. Probably not a problem in a eurorack
module, but more so in a hifi unit.

/mr