[sdiy] Cheap audio spectrum analyzer.. an idea..

Jean-Pierre Desrochers jpdesroc at oricom.ca
Mon Oct 26 18:12:04 CET 2015

I just got an idea..

I already used some PIC C libraries to drive
a VGA screen in graphic mode from a small board. That would be an easy
job
to generate a slow incrementing 20-20khz sine sweep,
drive the tested device input and use the PIC freq increments
to synchronize and plot the peak reading of the 'on test' device's
output
to the VGA screen at the same time.
The graph would stay at the screen for analysis
until I start a new sweep..
The best thing in this is that the plot will be at high resolution,
in colour and I'll recycle one of my old LCD 800x600 VGA screen.
The final project will reside in a small box that will fit
on my repair desk with no PC at all to boot from.
I'll spend some time on that.
I Thank you all anyway.