[sdiy] workshop soldering iron recommendations

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sun Oct 25 20:50:58 CET 2015

I have a Weller #9730 soldering pencil / iron that refuses to die on me. Never even had to replace the tip. It's great to just have in the tool box when away from the shop, in case repairs are needed. Plugs straight into the wall without the cumbersome "station." I've build many projects using this iron, and have repaired many more electronics devices.

I think it was around $60 from Radar Electronic in Seattle, for 60 W.

I couldn't find this on the Weller web site, so perhaps they haven't made it since the Apex Tool Group reshuffle.