[sdiy] Which solder is safer for home projects ?

info at oldeblock.com info at oldeblock.com
Fri Oct 23 18:11:43 CEST 2015

Just because someone is lucky enough to never have noticed effect from exposure doesn't mean you shouldn't take precautions. The effects of neurotoxins aren't always apparent and accumulate over long periods. Things like dementia/Alzheimer's are known to have links to metal and toxic vapor exposure. Let's not rule out genetic pre-disposition either. So why take a risk? Make sure your work area is well ventilated regardless of what product you use.

I use a cheap bathroom fan with some 5$ coil ducting to pull the fumes out to a window and I must say my soldering work is much more pleasant than it used to be!

Sent from my iPhone