[sdiy] Which solder is safer for home projects ?

Dan Snazelle subjectivity at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 23 15:11:24 CEST 2015

It ain't the lead that worries me ;)

Just the flux

I might switch back to rosin core

since switching to a new type (kester water soluble ) I'm getting all kinds of throat and nose issues --i know this stuff is great for cleaning boards but maybe not so great for the worker without professional ventilation.

I even have an open window
And a solder fume sucker

I bought a 3m solder/welding mask but honestly it's a nightmare to wear for anything more than 15 mins

Thanks !

Sent from my iPhone