[sdiy] HUGE library of scanned science magazines including electronics stuff !!!!

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Thu Oct 22 15:35:11 CEST 2015

anything that can be DIY at home.

few days ago my daughter pulled out some old electronics magazines and
while browsing we have found 2 series of articles about pretty big synth
DIY projects I didn't see before. Despite obvious limitations, those
were very complex circuit, considering they were from 1981 and 1983,
when it was a challange to buy bread and butter (literally), not to
mention integrated circuits.

That gave me so much energy that I returned to my old VCO project and
finally soldered it. It was so fun that I spent 3 working days just
playing, tweaking, changing components, cutting traces.

Then I posted it on facebook, got more likes than ever before, that
inspired other people to reveal their tiny SMD VCOs, and now I want to
make more of that stuff and finally a polysynth again...

Bottom line, it's good to keep old magazines, because you never know, it
may turn your world around someday.

Roman