[sdiy] Cloud or not cloud... That's the question..

KA4HJH ka4hjh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 22:28:26 CEST 2015

On Oct 15, 2015, at 11:24 AM, Dave Magnuson <abide at dmdrafting.com> wrote:

> I have several layers of backup here at my place.  All of our computers back
> up to a local 6 TB NAS in a RAID configuration.  The NAS is then backed up
> to the “cloud"

I used RAID 1s for storing all data. These are in turn backed up to other drives that are stored off-site.

> That being said - I don't put anything sensitive on the cloud, just in case.
> This includes my employees' social security numbers, my genealogical
> research, tax records, etc.

I use the cloud only for syncing routine data (contracts, calendars, etc.) between my iMac and my iPhone.

I use 1Password to store all my logins. Every account has a 14 random character password.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"