[sdiy] I need your knob expertise

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 21:03:21 CEST 2015

I have these for exactly that purpose

http://elmegil.dynathome.net/~elmegil/IMG_20151008_135300299.jpg
http://elmegil.dynathome.net/~elmegil/IMG_20151008_135242515.jpg

Unfortunately they're in an unmarked bag, and I got them a long time ago,
so I couldn't tell you part numbers or suppliers.

If I needed more I'd probably search mouser for knob brass insert, limit to
1/8" rather than 1/4" or common equivalents (e.g. 6mm) and see what came
up.  These particular ones also use a hex wrench for adjusting the set
screw rather than a standard jeweler's screwdriver.

These have the advantage of matching 99% of the rest of the knobs on my 5U
gear....

Thanks

Pete