[sdiy] Online Power sim tools versus spice ...or TI versus LINEAR

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Sun Nov 29 12:45:08 CET 2015

On 29 Nov 2015, at 11:19, Ingo Debus <igg.debus at t-online.de> wrote:

> Why the Mac is "a system that doesn't really have right-click“, as someone wrote here, is beyond me however. The OS9 days are gone, aren’t they?

Without wanting to start the usual Mac/Win nonsense, whilst OSX software might recognise the "control-click" as a "right-click", there's still only one button on my MacBook's trackpad, and Mac software is usually written so you can use it without resorting to buttons and mouse clicks together. I don't *expect* to use "right-click" on a Mac, let's say.

In my opinion, Mike Engelhardt has an extremely idiosyncratic view of Mac usability. LTSpice on Mac is *weird* and I usually use it on my Windows PC because it's easier to use on that platform (where I have a two button mouse). Whilst I could move the mouse to the Mac, LTSpice's bizarre interface would be the only software I use regularly that requires it.

Tom