[sdiy] ARP Pioneer passes

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Tue Nov 24 20:43:30 CET 2015

> On Nov 24, 2015, at 7:48 AM, MTG <grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com> wrote:
>
> Monday, November 23, 2015
> RIP Dennis Colin, Co-Designer of the ARP 2600 & the Aries Modular

Here is Dennis' famous 1971 paper introducing the ARP 2500 filter:

    Dennis Colin
    Electrical Design and Musical Applications of an Unconditionally Stable Combination Voltage Controlled Filter / Resonator
    Journal of the Audio Engineering Society, December 1971
    http://www.guitarfool.com/ARP2500/DennisCollinPaper.pdf

It's pretty impressive and includes additional connections for an innovative resonator application that I have not seen since.

Dennis' daughter got me in touch with him, and we had some wonderful phone conversations over the last couple years.  An amazing fellow; he will be missed.

  -- Don

--
Don Tillman
Palo Alto, California