[sdiy] X7R, Y5V, Z5U characteristics

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Mon Nov 23 22:46:49 CET 2015

The terrible voltage-coefficient and temperature-coefficient of modern
miniature high-k ceramic capacitors has been mentioned on this list many
times already.  However I just found a neat online web application (nothing
to install) that generates graphs showing how different size/dielectric
Murata capacitors behave over varying conditions: DC bias, AC voltage,
temperature, etc...

http://ds.murata.co.jp/software/simsurfing/en-us/index.html

I had never realised quite how "non-ideal" an 0603 size 4.7uF capacitor is
until I saw the graphs for myself.  It doesn't make pretty viewing!

-Richie,