[sdiy] Eagle footprints

john slee indigoid at oldcorollas.org
Mon Nov 23 04:36:41 CET 2015

On 23 November 2015 at 12:12, Sarah Thompson <plodger at gmail.com> wrote:

> One thing I have recently started to do in EAGLE is to religiously add
> attributes to every library object that specify Digikey/Mouser/manufacturer
> part numbers. This makes it really easy to generate an accurate BOM
> directly from Eagle, the

Yeah. I like this.

What are you doing for parts with many possible values, like resistors? Do
you have a deviceset (as they are named in Eagle XML) with a separate
device for each E96 value (since you can preconfigure the value in the
device), with a supplier/manufacturer part# attribute on each device?

For me that approach makes sense. Though I would consider creating an
external filter (one with understanding of manufacturer part numbering
schemes built in) to translate from one manufacturer to another, at least
for things like R and C

John