[sdiy] Ray Wilson Help

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Mon Nov 23 01:09:15 CET 2015

I believe that the term "tax deductible" usually refers to the sender rather than the receiver. Donations to certified charities can be written off on the sender's tax return, so that they do not have to pay income tax on the amount they've donated to a good cause - it's as if they never made the money that was passed on.

On the receiving end, I'm not really sure what the usual terminology would be, and I further assume that GoFundMe describe this more on the pages for folks creating a campaign, rather than for folks donating to a campaign. Ah, but the U.S. Tax Code can be complicated, and increasingly so.

Brian