[sdiy] Ray Wilson Help

Tom Bugs admin at bugbrand.co.uk
Sun Nov 22 21:41:53 CET 2015

GoFundMe are pretty hands-off about it:
"Most donations on GoFundMe are personal gifts between family & friends
and not usually tax deductible. Only donations made to a 'Certified
Charity <http://www.gofundme.com/charity-donations>' campaign may be
eligible for tax deductions. We recommend you consult with a tax
professional about your specific situation"
I don't see that as different from Personal Payment via Paypal
really...?!...

On 22/11/2015 20:35, James Meagher wrote:
> Hmmm . . . interesting point. I just sent a Friends and Family PayPal
> donation because GoFundMe only accept credit cards it seems.
>
> On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Roman <modular at go2.pl
> <mailto:modular at go2.pl>> wrote:
>
>     Right after donating I thought why his daughter (isn't she running
>     the campaign?) hasn't set up a bunch of products in their store
>     for various amounts to do the same thing without gofundme fees.
>     It's all already there, no hassle. But then I thought maybe Ray
>     was against the idea, as the description says something about it,
>     or maybe if there are so many payments to his account directly,
>     this would be treated like regular income and IRS will take their
>     share. I don't know, but maybe gofundme stuff is differently taxed?
>
>     Roman
>

>     Dnia 21 listopada 2015 19:39 Florian Anwander
>     <fanwander at mnet-online.de <mailto:fanwander at mnet-online.de>>
>     napisał(a):
>
>         On AH matrix from tmatrixsynth.com <http://tmatrixsynth.com>
>         gave the hint, to donate directly to his paypal account
>         http://www.matrixsynth.com/2015/11/ray-wilson-of-music-from-outer-space.html
>         Do it as personal payment. You will have to pay one percent of
>         the amount.
>
>         Done too.
>
>         Florian
>
>         On 21.11.15 18:17 , info at synthcube.com
>         <mailto:info at synthcube.com> wrote:
>
>             we donated as well and passed along the link via facebook
>             et al.
>             best wished for ray and family.

> --
> C'est La Guerre Moving Pictures Inc.