[sdiy] Logic to +/-5V conversion

Roman modular at go2.pl
Sun Nov 22 21:21:43 CET 2015

This can be done with 2 transistors, one NPN and one PNP. Or even just one PNP if your driving 0/5V source is open drain.
This is best done using dual biased transistors, like PUMD48 in SOT363 case, so it only needs one extra resistor on output pull-down. Still this is real-estate comparable with opamp soution (in SC70-5) and 2 resistors, while opemp solution is more power efficient, and what's most adorable - push-pull output.
Nevertheless, the 4053 idea, despite needing more space, is brilliant IMHO.
Roman