[sdiy] Eagle footprints

Jason Tribbeck jason at tribbeck.com
Sun Nov 22 09:26:30 CET 2015

Eagle 6.0 was the first version with XML as the back-end native format -
although I can't say when the built-in libraries were migrated (and you've
got the third-party contribution libraries as well - some of these may
never be upgraded [it prevents you from using it on earlier versions]).

I've written parsers for both formats - obviously the XML one is much
easier than the binary format. Although I've only done old format libraries
- I think the schematic and board files are going to be the same format.

Going back to the original question/problem, since I etch my own boards, I
always mark pin 1 with a small square of copper. This should be visible
through the silk screen if I was getting the boards properly made.