[sdiy] Eagle footprints

Neil Johnson neil.johnson71 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 22:17:10 CET 2015

Hi Richie,

This is one of the reasons why I never use the libraries provided with CAD
tools.  The quality is just so varied, rarely consistent, and full of
unknown bugs.  At least if I fab a board with a mistake in a component I
have created I have only myself to blame!  And quite honestly by the time
I've thoroughly checked a vendor library for correctness I might as well
have made it myself.

I separately maintain a catalogue of custom part numbers in a spreadsheet
(one sheet for each component type), and when I have fabbed a board with a
new footprint and tested it I then mark that entry in bold so I know it
works.

Cheers,
Neil
--