[sdiy] ATSamD4 Breakout Board

Eric Brombaugh ebrombaugh1 at cox.net
Mon Nov 9 21:28:57 CET 2015

The ebay breakout boards that Mikko linked don't have the ST-Link
programmer on the board while the Nucleo boards from ST do - that means
all you need to program & debug them is a USB cable, and the ST-Link
interface also provides a serial port that's handy for interfacing with
the running system.

The Teensy boards use a Freescale Kinetis MCU that's based on a Cortex
M4 core. That's considerably more feature-ful than the Coretx M0, with
more memory, more peripherals and faster clock speed than the low-end
STM32 and SAMD parts we were discussing, but it's also a fair bit more
expensive.

Eric