[sdiy] Elektor Formant synth build

Florian Anwander fanwander at mnet-online.de
Sun Nov 8 15:50:51 CET 2015

Hello

The book is nicely written and transports a lot of understanding for
synthesizer technology. But the Formant itself is based on ICs which are
no longer in production since many years (is this good english?)

Especially the uA726 in the VCO and the VCF are extremely rare  (that
rare, that it makes economically sense to produce fake chips). And also
the CA3080 used for the VCF and the VCA obsolete.

I recommend some other project. For example the stuff from
www.musicfromouterspace.com or something from www.cgs.synth.net.

Florian