[sdiy] ATSamD4 Breakout Board

Eric Brombaugh ebrombaugh1 at cox.net
Sun Nov 8 00:11:37 CET 2015

Have you already decided to go with the Atmel SAMDxx parts or are you
just looking for any old Cortex M0? I've done a little breakout done for
the STM32F030F4 here:

http://ebrombaugh.studionebula.com/embedded/stm32f030breakout/index.html

The parts are really cheap ($0.57 ea in 20qty from Future) and they've
got lots of useful features. I did a little DIY Euro-Rack module based
on this part and a SPI DAC here:

http://ebrombaugh.studionebula.com/synth/cheep_mod/index.html

I've got wavetable oscillators, drum voices and LPC speech running on it.

I got a few of the Atmel SAMD21 parts a while back but the learning
curve between them and the STM32 parts I'm used to is pretty steep so I
shelved them. I suppose I should try again at some point.

Eric