[sdiy] OT:High gain low noise amp for beheaded tape head

Joe Frey frey at radioles.com
Tue Nov 3 17:40:42 CET 2015

All, I am doing the tape loop on a bow passed across a tape head thing.
The head came out of an old Grundig TK-23 and though I have saved the
guts of this tube and transformer fishing weight I want to make
something small and light(because I am hauling a double bass and a bunch
synth modules already) to get the signal loud enough to go into a Roland
Space Echo. Right now when I use a mxr gain pedal it is barely loud
enough so I want to build some preamp. Can someone point to a project
schem, kit or group that could help. Thanks.

--
    (">  <")
    / )   ( \

"Anything worth doing, is worth doing badly, because it might make it better the next time." --anon

Joe Frey
A.K.A. Bitter Relic of a Bygone Era
joe.frey at radioles.com
http://radioles.com