[sdiy] PCB op-amp layout - 2x2 or 1x4

Quincas Moreira quincas at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 17:41:17 CET 2015

I don't get the issue with the power being on the "wrong side" as these
chips are symmetrical, one could just turn it around and have the power
pins facing the "right direction."  What I do worry about is interaction
between opamps in the same package.  Depending on what you're doing it may
indeed be better to use a few duals rather than quads.  In the real world,
isolation between Opamps in the same package can be less ideal than the
specs say.

Cheers

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 8:28 AM, Mattias Rickardsson <mr at analogue.org>
wrote:

> On 30 October 2015 at 07:42,  <mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca> wrote:
> > On Fri, 30 Oct 2015, Mattias Rickardsson wrote:
> >> For highest signal integrity, duals (or singles of course) could be
> >> preferred in some cases. For example when dealing with tiny signal
> levels,
> >
> >> I still haven't had such a problem with quads though.
> >
> > I have oscillators that lock because they share units of a quad, despite
> > my best efforts to keep them separate.  They don't lock *much*, but more
> > than I would prefer, and I'm likely to redesign the board with single op
> > amps instead.
>
> Have you tried different opamp types? Some of their datasheets brag a
> little bit more than others about how separated the internal power
> handling is between channels, so perhaps a change of opamp is all you
> need.
>
> /mr

Quincas Moreira
Test Pilot at VBrazil Modular