[sdiy] Passive filters and impedances

Donald Tillman don at till.com
Sun Nov 1 00:24:19 CET 2015

> On Oct 31, 2015, at 10:07 AM, Richie Burnett <rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk> wrote:
>
> In general we don't usually build filters like this because the lack of buffering causes loading effects that move the filter poles.

That's how the Roland Diode Ladder filter works.

And slight variations of simple RC ladders are used all over guitar amplifiers.  Like the "slope" control on the Marshall JCM 800 bass amp.  Or the weird tone controls in the Sound City amps.  The Gibson GA-40.  There are several other examples I'm not thinking of right now.

  -- Don

--
Don Tillman
Palo Alto, California