[sdiy] Digital topics like PLDs?

MTG grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com
Tue May 26 15:30:29 CEST 2015

Hi,

Pretty much any Universal Device Programmer will do a vast array of
PLDs. I have no problem with "burning" the part. A 22v10 would be
perfect if not for the large current draw.

It's combinational logic with a few registers. Say 10 inputs and 10
outputs. The only clock is a data strobe for the registers. I also don't
want to add more than 100ns to the propagation delay. Lower (much lower)
would be better.

My target foot print is a 24 pin skinny dip.  I will have to research
the PIC thing. Haven't used one in years. So need to see what the
instruction cycle time is (I assume they don't need xtals anymore?) and
what the package options are. I see there is an ARM in that footprint,
but I don't really want to spend more than $5 either.

GB