[sdiy] Digital topics like PLDs?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Mon May 25 17:45:50 CEST 2015

Are you looking for a PLD solution for a particular reason? I use PICs even for jobs like this. A whole pile of glue logic can usually be turned into a PIC program of a dozen lines and runs fast enough that unless the original logic was really pushing the limits, you'll never know the difference.

That caveat means that a uP works well for replacing glue logic in (for example) a sequencer or the control panel of something, but not well for replacing the huge amounts of 7000-series logic in something like a PPG.

Tom