[sdiy] Digital topics like PLDs?

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Mon May 25 09:19:29 CEST 2015

PLDs draw a lot of current, 100mA is not uncommon.
Last time I had to replace PLD, I used little breakout board and PIC
micro running at internal 32MHz clock. Since original circuit timing was
considerably slower, so there was enough time to fit required number of
instructions.

Well, I actually did it mostly because I had no programmer, no clean
chips and no prior hands-on experience with PLDs.

Another option would be to put a little OTP EPROM.

Roman