[sdiy] Digital topics like PLDs?

MTG grant at musictechnologiesgroup.com
Sun May 24 17:17:58 CEST 2015

I know we talk about Micros and DSPs a lot, but I wonder if anyone knows
anything about simple PLDs. I have 3 or 4 TTL chips that I would like to
pop into a PLD. It has to work in an 80's vintage synth so that means
I/O is 5v, mostly LSTTL. The TTL chips are surprisingly expensive.
pretty much $1 each at Mouser/Digiket/etc.

My last encounter with this stuff was a 22v10 design and I see that you
can still buy those. Is that a viable route or a waste of time and money
versus a similar but newer part. I prefer it to be a DIP package.  Also
any software recommendations. I have PLDshell 5.0 on 3.5" floppy but I
imagine there is something more current for this stuff.

GB