[sdiy] Roland CR-8000 triggering

Richie Burnett rburnett at richieburnett.co.uk
Sat May 23 19:26:51 CEST 2015

I guess the *logical* way to do it would be to use an AND gate on each instrument trigger line between the cpu board and the voicing board, to combine the logic outputs from the CR-8000's own cpu and those from your trigger board.

An AND gate will give a low output level if either of its inputs goes low.  Therefore you should be able to trigger each voice either by the CR-8k's own CPU or via your new trigger board. It does require an AND gate for each instrument though, but you get four in a chip.

There may well be some cheaper way of doing it, but that's the method I would investigate. Hope this helps :-)

-Richie,

Sent from my Xperia SP on O2

---- Adam Inglis wrote ----