[sdiy] how to tell metal film resistors?

Michael Zacherl sdiy-mz01 at blauwurf.info
Fri May 22 15:52:35 CEST 2015

On 22.May 2015, at 14:05 , Andy Eakin <aeakin1 at matrixblues.com> wrote:

> Measurements like the others mentioned earlier are really the only way to be sure.

Also with the reading direction:
According to what I found on the web [1], there _should_ be (which in fact I wasn't sure about)
a wider gap between the last value ring and the tolerance ring … in fact I often have a very hard time to tell.
There are two things which help: knowing the e-series [2] or, as stated, measuring.
Or is it just me? [3]

;) m.

[1] which may be well the case, that the info on the Net was again self-referring, as I couldn't find an original source to that.
[2] which is no help in a case like brown-brown-black-red-brown
[3] or not: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_color_code#/media/File:2.26_kilo-ohm_precision_resistor.jpg

--
http://mz.klingt.org