[sdiy] Arp Omni PSU question

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Tue May 19 08:45:25 CEST 2015

If there are burn marks under 4.7k resistors, those should be the first
to check. Usually most if not all resistors in power supply are playing
major role in setting output voltages.
Next source of troubles are the sockets for the transistors on heatsink.
better to solder them in, or at least clean.

BTW, I could not find 4.7k resistor in the schematics, but I have found
4.7ohm in very crucial spots - as current sensors. It's hard to imagine
how could anyone burn a black hole in PCB with 4.7k over 15V, while it's
very easy when there's 4.7ohm. So maybe someone have replaced them
without checking schematics, relying only on burnt colors, which
obviously were discolored after burn.

Roman