[sdiy] LEDs and noise

Rutger Vlek rutgervlek at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:21:42 CEST 2015

Hi all (and Roman),

It's probably a late reply from my side on this topic, but I recently got interested in LED drivers for a design I'm working on.

I like the idea of a current source for supplying the LED with power, and also found a nice example of a current source connector to a chain of transistor-switched LEDs in Douglas Self's book, but I was wondering how to deal with different current requirements of different LED's? Does each color of LED require it's own current source, or can different colors be fed from the same current source? Perhaps splitting the current source with limiting resistors over two LED chains (each with a different color) works?

I'd be interested to hear your solution(s).

Best,

Rutger