[sdiy] Audio codec question

rsdio at audiobanshee.com rsdio at audiobanshee.com
Sat May 16 18:15:48 CEST 2015

There are certainly ADC and DAC chips that work with SPI, but they tend to be 16-bit or less and oriented towards precision measurement instead of 24-bit audio. You may not need 24-bit audio if you're not doing high-end, but as others have pointed out it isn't expensive to get I2S support.

I want to second the suggestion that you really need good DMA support if you want to do audio. Finding an affordable processor with I2S should also solve the requirement to have good DMA.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting