[sdiy] Probes and Smoke

Mike Beauchamp list at mikebeauchamp.com
Fri May 1 06:49:21 CEST 2015

> And I am also looking for a solder fume extractor, I have been thinking
> about buying one for a long time, but another thing that makes noise on
> my bench is holding me back. Any tips or ideas on this would be greatly
> appreciated.
> Best,
> Maarten

Hi Maarten,
I'm very happy with the Weller WFE2P. The tip extraction works great and
looks and smells like it gets everything. The main filter is pretty
expensive but it lasts a very long time and the pre-filters are really
cheap.

The noise is present, but I wouldn't say it's a problem. The unit's
switch is within reach on my bench so I only have it on when soldering.
If your layout is a bit different, you could consider something like
this for the fume extractor:
http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=30049&cat=1,240,41065

Mike