[sdiy] the white whale - modular synth patch memory

Pete Hartman pete.hartman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 22:50:08 CET 2015

If I were to go after this I would put aside any ideas of replacing
pots, etc, and focus on a solution that let me route CVs to already
CV-able parameters on each module.  Obviously the issues of bandwidth
etc still apply (audio modulation for example), but at the "head end"
if you will I'd see a board with several DACs hooked up to the normal
inputs of all the jacks (or some similar arrangement, obviously that
won't work for absolutely everything either).

Still a formidable problem, but I think that's a lot more solvable
than the global everything approach of fully retrofitting modules.

Thanks

Pete