[sdiy] [slightly-OT] Passive tone controls - coupling/biasing on input signal

Justin Owen juzowen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:37:36 CET 2015

Sorry for the OT - did ask this elsewhere but didn't get much of a response.

I'm looking to add some sort of passive tone control to a circuit - either the classic 3x pot 'FVM' Bass/Middle/Treble control or the 2x pot Bass/Treble Baxandall type.

Do either of those circuits have a requirement/preference that the input signal is AC-coupled - or will it receive a positively biased signal just as happily?

*My* optimum input signal for this project would be something of approx. 1V PP biased to about +2.5V.

I was trying to avoid too many bias/couple/bias/couple stages in an all-discrete circuit.

Thanks,

- Justin