[sdiy] Little stereo sampler board...

Roman Sowa modular at go2.pl
Fri Mar 6 10:09:22 CET 2015

That depends. There are organists who will take great effort to fight
with every single ms of latency in every step from keyboards all the way
to the speakers. 12ms is still not too bad when compared to most
PC-based systems built so far.

Roman

W dniu 2015-03-06 o 09:37, Jarno Verhoeven at ziggo.nl pisze:

> Also, I reckon the 8-12ms latency is less of a problem (perhaps even expected)
> for a pipe organ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Jarno.
>

>> Op 6 maart 2015 om 9:10 schreef Roman Sowa <modular at go2.pl>:
>>

>> This is how very popular pipe organ software works - separate file for
>> each pipe. It would be great to replace a computer with a bunch of those
>> boards. I'd need about 30 or so for one small instrument.
>> I was planning to make something like this for years, now I don't have to.
>>
>> Roman
>>
>> W dniu 2015-03-05 o 22:13, Richie Burnett pisze:
>>> Neat, but it doesn't look like it allows you to transpose samples during
>>> playback. He got around this limitation in the demo video by
>>> multi-sampling the piano from an already existing VSTi. (The resampling
>>> process to "re-pitch" samples during playback is one of the more
>>> challenging aspects of designing a sample playback instrument.)
>>> However, memory is so cheap these days that having to multi-sample 61
>>> notes of a piano isn't as prohibitive as it once was. I can still see
>>> uses for that module though, like:
>>>
>>> 1. Jingle and advertisement playback for Internet Radio, RSLs etc.
>>> 2. Sound effect playback for amateur theatre, etc.
>>> 3. Audio commentary for displays, museum exhibits, etc.