[sdiy] Malvino's Principles (was: Learning about current sinksand sources)

David G Dixon dixon at mail.ubc.ca
Wed Mar 4 22:24:42 CET 2015

As far as I'm concerned, putting out a new edition of a textbook within just
a few years of the last one is a shameless money-grab.  The first edition
came out in '79, and there are now 9 editions, so that means that a new
edition has come out (on average) every 4 years.  This is just ridiculous.

In any case, if all you want to do is learn about transistor circuits, the
1st edition is as good as the 9th, I should think.  As I said, I read the
3rd, and I thought it was brilliant.  You can sometimes find old editions of
Malvino for must a few dollars.