[sdiy] Kurzweil LE fix

Matthias Herrmann matthias.herrmann at fonik.de
Tue Mar 3 21:45:16 CET 2015

Hi all,

I bought a Kurzweil PC3LE6 about one year ago. Today the unit freezes with
blinking lights just shortly after powering it up. I can hear an acoustic
'click'-sound when this happens. Sometimes it reboots, sometimes not. In any
case it would freeze again within a short period of time.

>From what i learned while googeling is that this is a known issue with the LE
boards (the older ones, kurzweil fixed it for the later ones).
Obviously there has been sent out a service/engineering bulletin to the service
centers, describing a peranent fix.

Since i have no warranty anymore, and since i need to use the unit for a gig in
10 days, i would like to fix it myself.

Does anyone here on this list know about this fix/bulletin? Any details and/or
documentation?

Any hints or recommendations are highly appreciated. If you wanted to send me
some documentation feel free to do this off list.

Cheers,
Matthias
(fonik)