[sdiy] Andromeda A6 repair?

Barry Klein barryklein at cox.net
Sat Jun 20 17:06:17 CEST 2015

Update on this effort:
1.  We have the Freescale/PE Micro BDM debugger working with a modified version of CFFlasher and can write/read flash and debug. This can fix a corrupted flash without removing the part.
2.  We have a new flash image compiled with the latest bootloader. I have some parts from China and can program them with latest OS and bootloader and send out for repairs.
3.  I replaced the flash on my 2nd unit and it still was flakey in softkey modes and would not boot.  I had the cpu replaced and....  IT WORKS!
That makes two!
Check for future progress on possible bug fixes etc. on gearslutz threads.

Have you guys checked out the cheap rework stations available on ebay?  Hot air and new IR approach. One on there now for $100. Amazing.  See, that's what flakey xboxes do for the economy...

Barry