[sdiy] TR-808 Kick Drum modelling explanation

Adam Inglis 21pointy at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 17 02:57:20 CEST 2015

Hi Richie

Thanks for this - fascinating stuff!
In section 9, talking about the output stages, they say

"There are non-negligible loading effects, but they mostly
change the position of very low (sub-audible) poles.
....... these discrepancies are minimal, inaudible...."

Do you agree?

And in the next paragraph, they mention a DSP model by Cycling 74 that
models changing the input pulse width. What effect does this have in
your model?