[sdiy] Should I get PCBs manufactured in Europe?

Tom Wiltshire tom at electricdruid.net
Wed Jun 17 01:02:16 CEST 2015

Hi All,

Does anyone have a good tip for PCB manufacturers in the eurozone?

I've tried ordering from China, but the Portuguese customs are apparently trying to pay off the national debt by whacking large and unexplained fees on parcels coming into the country. They're not allowed to do this within Europe (although I've had hassles proving it to them, even when I ordered something from the Netherlands) so I wondered if I wouldn't be better off trying to stay within Europe.

Any advice or pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
Tom