[sdiy] CV-vactrol circuit

niroke at tampabay.rr.com niroke at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 3 22:27:45 CEST 2015

Someone said:
Synthrotek has a kit that does that:
http://store.synthrotek.com/Vac_Pak_Kit

Yes, but I want to use a PCB mount socket and already have a 5V power source,
and I cannot afford $18 per unit when I need 14 of them.  I hope to do anything
I can myself to save money.

I didn't want to mention them by name as some already got the impression that
there is a conflict.  That is not the case, I just haven't heard back yet, and
that may be because of the July 4th weekend. That is actually the very schematic
I used. Please, don't anyone think that Synthrotek had claimed ownership, told
me to cease, called a lawyer, called me names, or anything else.  It may turn
out that he doesn't care if I use this and give the surplus boards away.  I'm
just looking for a back-up plan in case I've done something that's
disrespectful.

I was really trying to avoid the whole Blue Lantern scenario, and now I fear
I've stepped in it with both feet as there is some speculation about the
designer's position and he isn't here to speak for himself.  No, this isn't for
a commercial product, but giving away my extra boards could make it unnecessary
for others to purchase his kit.  Steve, if you see this, please don't think I
was bad-mouthing you or trying to get people to choose sides.  I'm merely
looking for an alternative circuit.

Nick

: