[sdiy] CV-vactrol circuit

niroke at tampabay.rr.com niroke at tampabay.rr.com
Fri Jul 3 21:45:09 CEST 2015

Thanks for all your replies so far, so glad to actually get through to the list from my phone!

To be more clear, I'm not looking for any vactrol circuit and I'm not trying to build an LPG/phaser/filter.... All I'm trying to do is add voltage control over a variable resistor.  The circuit just needs 0-5V CV input, range and scale trimmers so that I can fine tune each vactrol for the required range, an amp stage (not sure why, tbh), and the Vactrol.... There are a few other bits and bobs in this circuit I've used, and unfortunately I'm not an EE so I can't learn enough from looking at this circuit to go and design something original.   I was hoping there was an old Electronotes circuit that was specifically drawn to perform this task that I could use which would be free from any IP claim.  Of course, something that old may not be as good as something made with modern components.   I admit that this circuit uses an amp IC that I've never heard of or seen used before, and there must be some significance to that.

Nick