[sdiy] CV-vactrol circuit

mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca
Fri Jul 3 20:43:36 CEST 2015

> mutual respect.  However, general vactrol circuit schematics have been in
> public circulation for so long that I doubt that anyone has a compelling
> moral claim to them.

I think it's unlikely that there'd be any real money in IP rights to a
vactrol circuit today, even with a current patent.  They're banned in a
lot of places, especially when used in commercial products, and they're
hard to find and expensive even where not banned.

Design a circuit with modern components that does exactly what a vactrol
did, and that would be worth some money... but some of your customer base
will convince themselves it doesn't sound the same, especially if it
sounds the same.

--
Matthew Skala
mskala at ansuz.sooke.bc.ca                 People before principles.