[sdiy] Where to buy Cool Audio V2159

Tom Bugs admin at bugbrand.co.uk
Thu Jan 29 16:23:21 CET 2015

Please take with a hefty pinch of salt, but...

2159 (THAT? DBX?) is maybe a replacement / compatible with 2150 (eg.
http://www.thatcorp.com/datashts/THAT_2150-Series_Datasheet.pdf)
That 2150 datasheet says OBSOLETE - see 2180/2181 (eg.
http://www.thatcorp.com/datashts/THAT_2180-Series_Datasheet.pdf)
They all have the same pinouts.. and similar example circuits.
(ftp://all-electric.com/behringer-cybermix-cm8000-data/V2159_DATASHEET%20%28That2159%20compatible%29.pdf)

The V2159 does not state the sensitivity of the control port, though..

But, in essence, I think it is probably a relatively simple setup -
NE5532 probably first half is for buffering the input, 2nd half does the
I-to-V from VCA output.

Presumably there is also some circuitry for control voltage conditioning
- would likely be a TL07x chip... You could check what is going to the
EC- (or EC+) pin of the VCA (one is likely grounded)

Hope that helps...
Tom